Mobile, Alabama is the county seat of Mobile County, Alabama. It is the third most populous city in Alabama and the largest municipality on the Gulf Coast between St. Petersburg, Florida and New Orleans, Louisianna.
In its early colonial period, Mobile was settled by French colonists. Surprisingly, Mobile is credited as the birthplace of Mardi Gras.
Apx. 200,000 (2017)
Mobile is characterized as a coastal community. Because the city is surrounded by water, this area is prone to receive high-humidity and frequent tropical storms. Temperatures in Mobile can range from the mid-sixties to an upwards of 90 degrees.
Median House Price:
Being a coastal community near the Gulf Coast, Mobile’s ports and shipyards are the largest industry in this city, responsible for a large majority of the city’s income. In addition, the following employers are rank top in employing most of Mobile’s workforce.
- Public School System
- Infirmary Health Systems
- University of South Alabama
- Austal USA
- Providence Hospital
- ST Aerospace Mobile
- County of Mobile
- Springhill Medical Center
To check out a full list of Mobile County Public Schools, click here. HYPERLINK “http://www.mcpss.com/”
What’s it like to live in Mobile?
Established in 1702, Mobile is a hub for a wide variety of attractions. Mobile has the largest cultural arts community in the state of Alabama, and there are a lot of great places to visit such as:
Art museums including:
- Richard DAR House Museum
- Mobile Botanical Gardens
- Conde-Charlotte Museum
- Mobile Museum of Art
- Historic Architecture
- The Saenger theater – full of great concerts, attracting both regional and national talent!
Mobile also has a large sports focus. Some of the sports include:
- Football at the Ladd-Pebbles Stadium (Opened in 1948)
- Baseball at the Hank Aaron Stadium – home of the Mobile BayBears minor Leauge team
- Basketball games at the Mitchell Center
- Soccer at AFC Mobile – Gulf Coast Premier Leauge
- Golf – Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail
- Running – home of the 10k Azalea Trail Run
Top Attractions in Mobile:
- Battleship USS Alabama
- Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception
- Mobile Carnival Museum
- GulfQuest National Maritime Museum of the Gulf of Mexico
- Duck Tours